SATYA Training and In-Depth Study
*Last day ends at 1:00 PM
Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement
Yoga is a process of remapping the body’s energetic field and aligning it with the greater force of the universe. In order to heighten awareness and increase physical vitality, there is much evidence today on the effectiveness of slow movements, done in isolation and without force. In this course, we practice fine articulated movement, designed to build somatic intelligence, proprioceptive awareness and neuroplasticity. The SATYA movements replenish the body by “soaking” the tissues. Done mostly on the floor, SATYA involves sliding, gliding, stretching and unwinding movements. The movements serve to reduce fatigue, pump the viscera and align the vertebral column. This training covers the foundational movements that comprise the SATYA practice. Whether to restore your own body or to learn the key principles of the SATYA practice for the classroom, this course is a journey through the sensorimotor system. Practicing the SATYA movements brings mobilization to the joints and bi-lateral symmetry to the right and left sides of the body. Each day we follow the SATYA sequences with standing poses, twists, sidebends and inversions to build stabilization for the core tissues of the body.
SATYA I is the first course of a three part 150-hour training offered in Santa Fe New Mexico and other selected locations. SATYA I is open to all students after they have completed and emailed firstname.lastname@example.org the Application and Information Form. Level I is a prerequisite for Level II and III.
- Completion of Session I of the Prajna Yoga Teacher Training
- Attendance at Prajna Yoga workshops with Tias and Surya (in Santa Fe and other locations)
Course of Study
- Cultivate essential sensory-motor awareness
- Reduce body fatigue
- Address low back pain
- Design fundamental sequences that include both SATYA and asana
- The importance of spirals and counter spirals
- “It’s all about the joints”: Working with the tendons, ligaments and joint spaces
- Being in the “Pause”: the importance of not-doing
- How gravity can be your friend
- Re-educating the neural-muscular system and brain pathways
- How to “ride the edge” through small movements
- The healing potential of the movements and their effects on the myofascial system
- $250 non-refundable depositor full payment is due at time of registration.
- Remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the first day of training
- If you cancel 14 days or more prior to the start date, we will refund any amount paid, minus the $250 non-refundable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 14 days of the start date.
- If you have to cancel due to a family or medical emergency, we apply any amount paid minus a $250.00 non-refundable deposittoward future events in Santa Fe with Prajna Yoga, no refunds will be offered.