Session V: The Art of Self Practice
8:30 am – 5:30 pm daily, last day ends at 1:00 pm
There is no greater gift in yoga than having a daily home practice. A creative, dynamic and steady home practice is like having a life long confidant and friend. In the Yoga Sutras it is said that one should practice “for a long time and without interruption”. Getting to the mat everyday requires regular practice, whether at home, in a hotel room or when visiting your in-laws. A strong personal practice is at the root of becoming a skilled teacher. At Prajna Yoga we believe that a home practice is a necessary ingredient for becoming a skilled teacher. Yet how does one build a regular self-practice? And how to keep a practice fresh, dynamic and innovative? How can one continue to expand their repertoire of poses while diversifying their practice? This course lays the groundwork for establishing a regular and rewarding home practice.
Course of Study
- Adapt a practice in accordance with your individual needs (i.e age, energy levels, experience etc)
- Consult with Surya and Tias individually during practice sessions in order to design practices that best suit you
- Building a practice that is an antidote to fatigue
- Designing a self practice to support sleep
- Learn to modify poses and use props in your home practice
- Learn to modify your practice to cope with muscular-skeletal strain
- Integrate both active and restorative practices into your routine
- Establish a steady meditation practice in conjunction with SATYA and asana practice
- Learn to utilize a personal practice for teaching purposes
- For teachers, self practice time is where you integrate and assimilate what you learn in class
- Learn to practice according to your Ayurvedic constitution
- Using the practice to balance the emotional body
- Learn to practice in the morning, evening or both
- $250 non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- Remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day of training.
- If you cancel 30 days or more prior to the start date, we will refund any amount paid, minus the $250 non-refundable deposit to your internal Prajna Yoga account.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the start date.